Door hangers are one of the oldest and most successful forms of direct marketing for lawn care companies. The primary reason they are so successful is pretty easy to understand — your customer must handle them to remove the door hanger from their front door. To grab a prospect’s attention, the design and language of your door hanger is important to winning this type of sale. In this article we discuss lawn care door hanger marketing and advertising tips to boost revenues.
Door hanger Uses
Lawn care door hangers can be used in a variety of ways for marketing and advertising. Here are some ideas:
- – Seeking new customers
- – Up-selling additional services to current customers
- – Introducing a new business, product, or service
- – Distributing coupons or promoting just about anything
- – Informing customers of work or services performed while they were not home
You get the biggest bang for your buck with door hangers because you can target specific geographical areas, demographics, and specific needs of your target audience. For example, if you are painting houses, you can hang door hangers on the homes that need to be painted.
Here are 7 design tips to improve your door hanger response:
- Keep It Simple- Don’t bog down your door hanger with too much verbiage and imagery; keep it simple. Your goal is to attract immediate attention and move the prospect’s eyes toward a solution to their problem and a call to action.
- The “Attention Grabber”- Keep in mind that you only have seconds to grab your prospect’s attention. Create a headline and/or image that has stopping power. Incorporate your number one benefit into the headline and fuse your image to support the headline. Your goal is to entice the prospect to read further.
- Product information – good copy has been proven to sell, so don’t be afraid to take the time to make yours great. Devote your copy to explain benefits. If the product is complicated, explain the features in as simple of language as possible.
- Compelling Offer- You will have a far greater return on your lawn care door hanger marketing and advertising when you have a call to action. Discounts, coupons, and other incentives with a limited time offer work best.
- Call to action – make sure the call to action is very prominent. It is best to use a combination of methods such as phone, website, return postcard, etc. Be sure to have a qualified person answering the phone and promptly responding to web inquiries.
- Design – A pleasing design to the eye will allow your prospect to check out the information you have provided. Make sure to use plenty of white space to rest the readers eye as you move it from the headline and image to the copy and call to action.
- Quality- Having a full color door hanger on quality gloss paper stock will increase consumer confidence that you are a quality company with whom to deal. Increasing quality, increases credibility.
- 2-Sided- Use the back side of your lawn care door hanger as valuable advertising real estate to further explain your services. If the front side of the door hanger is your commercial, the back side should be the “info-commercial”.
- Perforation- Use perforation to create a tear off coupon, reply card, or business card. This will make it easier for your customers to keep your information hanging around.
Now that you have created the perfect door hanger, distributing them will be just as important. The reason for implementing door hanger advertising and marketing is to grow your business. As such, it is wise to start smaller and take an inventory of your results. When you find what works for your company, you can manage growth, and build upon each marketing campaign. There are 3 methods to consider for distributing lawn care door hangers.
- Current customers- This one is the easiest. Make sure whenever you deliver a product/service to your current customers, leave behind a door hanger, and one at nearby neighbors.
- Canvassing- This method involves hitting every home in a targeted area. Be sure that your product/service is something that has broad appeal and might result in a sale at each house. Good example: Pizza Delivery. Bad example: Pre-schooling.
- Targeted- Canvass a target geographical area, delivering door hangers to homes where you can see a need for your service.
Lawn care door hanger advertising and marketing is a great way to increase local business. In this article we have discussed methods of offering a targeted message, to a targeted audience. Done correctly, this will help grow your business. Experiment with these tips today to improve your door hanger marketing results.